Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Fabrics






















I just love fabric (especially retro prints) and my fave. fabrics, which I have used to create many of the toys you see on this blog, come from:

My all time fave. store is:



Some other goodies are:




Some of these fabrics I purchase are a little more expensive than your bog standard fabrics you pick up in Spotlight, however they are so different and I always get comments on them. I tend to purchase fat quarters from the above mentioned sellers. Fat quarters are a great way to purchase lots of different designs to create a quilt. Speaking of quilts - this will be one of my next challenges. So many beautiful fabric designs to choose from, where do I start!!

Another way to get some great retro type pieces, at affordable prices is traulling the op shops and if you see something you love design wise, buy it and cut it up and create something! A good example of this in my case is the cats I make with the bling necklaces. The necklaces were 50 cents each and the scarf was $3 and I made 4 large cats out of it. I washed the scarf in 90 deg. cel. hot water, before I made the cats, just to ensure any nasties were rid!!

No comments: